If you have mold in your home, it can be a bit concerning. It can cause health problems for you and your family, including constant headaches, fatigue, and more. However, while it can affect you, it can also make your pets sick. It doesn’t matter if it’s a cat, dog, or bird.
Mold exposure is dangerous to all creatures, from humans to animals. In some cases, like black mold, it can cause a lot of issues for the pet. There are a few different signs of your pet falling ill to mold exposure, but a vet trip can tell you for sure. Regardless of what happens, a vet visit is the most important thing you can do for your pet.
There are a few health issues that are described at http://www.damagecontrol-911.com/treating-mold-exposure-for-pets/
Health issues are common for people and pets that are exposed to mold. It usually comes down to respiratory problems and allergies, but black mold can cause permanent damage. Black mold produces a substance called mycotoxins, which can make you very sick.
In some extreme cases in the world, even death has been reported as a cause of black mold. This can do the same thing to pets and it can even work faster than it does for humans. Don't let mold linger for too long.